What are your thoughts about a person who constantly braggs everything they have and do way up?

Her: This is the best house on the market(it's a trailor)
Her: Everyone in this town knows me and loves me(they either don't know her or talk pretty bad)
Her: This is a great computer it's really fast(it's a 10yo compac)
Her:This is a really nice truck it kicks ass(it's missing a cylinder,and the starter goes out)
Her: My 92 lebaron is better than your 2006 pontiac because it's a convertible(that speaks for itself!)

My point? Why do people do this? Then if anything good happens to you they put you down? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• sounds like she is trying to make light of her not so glam life. Just go with it. But if she is putting you down then its time to check her.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• To bug you and clearly it is working you are posting about it. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Insecure! My exh of 12 years ago still does this. I live in a small town own 3 vehicles, a home, been with my dh for 11 yrs, and am a college grad. He job hops to keep from paying support, has 3 kids with 3 woman, lost custody of 1, current wife is secretly leaving him, and he now stocks shelves at Walmart and doesn't want to look for a better job. But, I'm miserable and can't stand to see him happy! Go figure. Se la Vi.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 12:09 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• That's all you could come up with 1208? Saying bitchy things and hiding behind it with "lol".....wow did you come up with that all by yourself?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Aww... I actually feel really bad for this woman whoever she is!!! Don't let her get under your skin, she is obviously not doing so great so if "bragging" makes her feel better, let her! After all I think it's pretty obvious what the reality of her situation is. Just smile and nod, think of it as a good deed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• To make themselves feel better. Living in a trailor & driving a 1992 car is nothing to be bragging about, I would be hiding.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I knew a bi polar lady doing that . He new hubby asked her for a divorce. She would brag about her tattoo of his badge on her butt and had its all about us on her truck. Just trailer trash gone psycho.................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• yeah there's a gal that did that to my hubby one time. he was talking about his four wheeler and then she went on about how her son's four wheeler was so much bigger! lol well...i honestly dont think she knew what brand is what. they just want people with nice stuff to feel smaller then them.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• She doesn't feel good enough, so that's why she has to brag all the time, so she won't feel so down about herself.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 1:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Sounds like good old fashioned insecurity with a side of denial. Try to spend as little time as possible with this person and fill your life with quality people.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 2:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2009