embrodiery machine?

okay so i got my first sewing machine for x-mas nd i just finished my first blanket yesterday. It looks SO cute nd then i got to thinking it would look so much cuter with some intials on it so i can start selling them or something well i got to looking on the net for some embrodiery machines goodness had no idea they were so high does anyone know any cheap ones i can look into?

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would be careful about going too cheap, mine is a Viking, which is very expensive, but you can buy used ones at a very reasonable price. Also, the Janome's which are more affordable are very good. Go to a reputable dealer and try a few out. Make sure you can add designs to it, that it is compatible with your computer, and that you can change the alphabet fonts and sizes. You will need to be able to adjust them so that they will work on all fabrics. A font that is too skinny may pucker on a t-shirt, or sink into a fleece fabric and disappear, but look great on denim or canvas. I recommend doing some research, testing them out, and really knowing what you're looking for before shopping. You can buy used ones on ebay, or even bettter from a reputable dealer who got a trade in, and will have serviced it, and probably give you some kind of warranty. There's lots more to know, check out Creative Machine Embroidery Magazine.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I agree with PP. I went the cheap route 10 years ago and boy was I sorry. I was lucky and could return everything. That may no longer be the case. I own a Bernina 180E. Like the Viking, it's not cheap. Do your homework and buy the best machine you can afford. Remember, you get what you pay for.
    viking95

Answer by viking95 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I got one on ebay that is a good brand for a reasonable price. I can personalize and simple stuff. I got it for the same reason I quilt and I wanted to put the recipients name on it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2010