Calling all moms! Would you share your absolute honest answer?

First let me say, I am white, Catholic and straight. I come from a family with whites, blacks, asians, germans, irish, mexican, jewish, buddhist, mormon, wiccan, baptist and homosexuals. The only thing I am intolerant of IS prejudice. That being said, there were several questions posted earlier this evening that were very antagonistic. I was the one who posted the questions. Here's why: I am working on an article about motherhood and the tolerance in intolerance of mothers and due to several intolerant mothers on here, I decided this would be the best forum for researching my article. I needed to get a rise out of people and it worked only I decided that it was not the way I wanted to do it. I would like honest opinions, not angry ones. If you can bring yourself to share with me, the topics are posted below. Thank you!
P.S. You can post anonymously if you want to.

jessflynn

Asked by jessflynn at 12:48 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• 1) Corporal Punishment in schools and homes- I can see spanking, but could not do it myself. I was abused as a child and fear that I would cross the line if I spanked. As for teachers doing it no. It should only ever be done by that childs parents, and only for something extremly sever.
    2) Homosexuality- As a bisexual woman I am fine with it.
    3) Religious freedoms - I love religious freedom. I love studing religions and watching them in practice.
    4) Single parent homes versus two-parent homes- I think it is a family by family thing not a broad catagory for some families it really is best to only have one of the parents.
    5) The growing obesity rate in America - This sickens me honestly. I understand and would never judge an obese person because you never know when it is due to medical issues or not. All of the obese people in out country though is not due to health issues and to see it in such small kids makes me want
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Where are the topics?
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 12:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• 1) Corporal Punishment in schools and homes
    2) Homosexuality
    3) Religious freedoms
    4) Single parent homes versus two-parent homes
    5) The growing obesity rate in America
    6) Racism in modern days
    7) Home-schooling versus public schools
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 12:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• What are you trying to stir up now? What topics?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Not quite sure what you want to know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Please remember that this is not a debate forum, just a free place to give honest opinions. Any berating or antagonizing will not be tolerated. Thank you!
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 12:55 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• you should post a question about each subject. that woul dmake it easier. I will give my honest answer about home school versus public school though. I think that a lot of the teachers dont really care these days. The ones that do care, do a great job and you can tell they love the kids. Home schooling is great and I have done it also and I would do it again, it just depends on the mom and the kids. I dont like a lot of the stuff my kids learn at school, my oldest will be starting insight. It is homeschool in a way I guess, its online. When the kids are allowed to eat marajuana buds in class there really is a problem. I say allowed because the teacher can hear what they are tlaking about and chooses to ignore it. So yea i think a lot needs to be done in public schools.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:00 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

2) Homosexuality
    3) Religious freedoms
    5) The growing obesity rate in America
    6) Racism in modern days
    7) Home-schooling versus public schools

1 not sure what corporal punishment would be in school and home but i aprove of the smack and spank method if thats what you mean at school not sure cus i wouldnt want someone random to hit my child as a punishment but it also would depend!

2 homos!! im fine wit them actually a few close friends of mine are gay!! and at this point how men are now adays i mite go lezz lol jus kidden

3 religeous freedom is so great!! sept when you degrade your women! not sure muslim or which one does but my views on life is strange

4 this is tuff! lol cus i lived in a 2family home but now i raise my son on my own with my familys help....i can jus say theres wayyyy more single familys now
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 3:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I also prefer homeschool but only because public school pushes a one size fits all attitude and some kids like mine will never be able to fit the mold. We also use an online school that allows us lots of freedom in how to teach our son but still offers us the structure of a professional curriculum and a team of certified teachers to fall back on when the subject matter is out of our experience.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• 5 my family besides my son is in that rate...its awful i work at a fast food place so i now the behind the seces greese!!! its awfull to watch people come an devorer 5 mcdouble or wat everrr

6 its blacks that are brining it back and its us whites that are helping it stay! like the n word it the word to say if ur a cool kid ...its awful my son is half black so i dont care for rasism but to me if ur ignorant ur a n word not ur black ur an nword!

7 its all up to the parent but for me public skoolin cus i dont have the money or the resources to teach my son lol im not the shinyest or brightest bulb if youy cant already tell!! this was fun pick more topics lol ill b glad to share my thoughts!~~//// opinions!!key word!!
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 3:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2009