Does your opinion count?

Share your opinion on religious freedoms.

jessflynn

Asked by jessflynn at 1:09 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Everyone has the right to practice whatever religious beliefs they want to within reason. Their religious rights "end" where another person's religious rights begin. So as long as their religion does not aim to harm others or prevent others from practicing their own beliefs I see no problem with it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I dont believe that there is any freedom in religion. In fact I strongly believe that religion is the biggest form of mass slavery. Its mental prison.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think everyone has the right to practice whatever religion they want, but they don't have the right to force it onto other people.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i agree with sugamama
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• You might get clearer answers if you clarified what 'religious freedoms' means to you. I imagine the understand of ' religious freedoms' varies substantially.
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 9:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• There is no freedom in religion! Never has been . Religion is a place of bondage.
    As a Christian , I do not follow religion but walk in a relationship with Christ Jesus. A relationship, friendship with God is where freedom. is found.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• What Beeky said.

Enjoy what you want to believe in but dont force it upon others.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I have the right to enjoy Christ and I have the right to talk about it, pray in public and post any sign I want in my yard. You have the right to avoid a restaurant I might be in ready to thank God for my meal before I eat and go on another street if you have a problem seeing my religious display. I, in turn, have the right to avoid any restaurant that might have a blessing that I don't like or avoid streets that have religious symbols I dont agree with.

That is what I think religious freedom means. We all have the right to practice and those that don't like it have the right to avoid it but they DO NOT have the right to tell anyone to cease or keep their religion in the closet.
    Anonymous

• There are differences. Organized religion VS. non denominational. Spiritual beliefs. There are many types. We are supposed to have the right to worship as we please, yet there are many people who go out of their way to deny that right to folks who do not believe as they do.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2009