WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER DO BREASTFEED OR FORMULA?

Really DONT wanna breastfeed!. is it a must?

Loving_Junior10

Asked by Loving_Junior10 at 2:03 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breastfed. I have a lot of very good reasons that I did, both for my health, for the health of the baby, financial impact, and convenience.

However - my sister did not breast feed. She wasn't comfortable with it.

We are both good moms.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• UMM i hope u dont get bashed and breast feed of course but due to my situation after birth i ended up with formula ugh
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:07 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• it's not a must. i've done both and if i have another child i'm def. breast feeding again. it was such a beautiful way to bond with my son.
    it really is a personal choice. maybe try the bf and see if you like, if not then do bottle feeding.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 2:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Oh, I should add, if you want to know what those benefits that I mentioned are, in a NON bashing, NOT judging way, just send me a pm and I will talk to you about it.

Breast feeding is best, but there are circumstances where this isn't an option. Also, just because you don't, doesn't make a person a horrible mother.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:09 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Just to let you know, this is a question better looked up rather than asked. There are too many women on here who take offense no matter how PC you try and be. I chose to breastfeed for two reasons: that's how my mom fed myself and my 4 siblings and my hubby and I simply can't afford the extra expense right now. Whether you breastfeed or not is really up to your baby. some babies simply can not take formula do to health issues. My sister was like that. However, if you have the choice and you would rather do that, then that is your choice. Many people would say that it is bad for the baby, but I think that just so long as your LO is getting the nourishment needed and is being loved, then there is nothing better than what you chose to do.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 2:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Breastfeeding is best and thats all i have to say about it. I wont ever formula feed any babies i have. Which i am due next April. I am Breast feeding him and any future children i have with hubby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I did both and prefer breastfeeding. I thought it would be awkward or uncomfortable but once I had my baby it was the most natural thing in the world.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Breastfeed. Hands down. I'm lazy... and I like to sleep. No way I'm dealing with a fussy, gassy, constipated baby and waking up at all hours of the night to make bottles. No way I'm going to wash those bottles constantly and actually PAY for something I make for free.

Breastfeeding may be difficult in the beginning, and even a little weird at first... but it's well worth it in the end. The money, time and effort saved is priceless... I'd much rather be bonding with my baby than washing bottles... and that money can buy important things... like new shoes, or a new purse. Hmm... I should start a breastfeeding rewards fund and buy myself something pretty! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• For me, formula is way too much work. Your choice though. The only MUST is FEEDING your baby. The rest is between you and the woman in your mirror. No, they are NOT equal.

Do your research. Please spend THREE TIMES as much time on learning about feeding your baby....ALL CHOICES...as you do on the nursery and layette.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Formula feeding. I wish it was just as good as BFing, but BF was really really stressful for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2009