Does anyone else's men smell???

I love my SO with all of my heart, but he smells. lol He showers everyday and wears deodorant every morning, doesn't do any strenuous work at his job and yet when he comes home his pits smell like he hasn't showered at all. Is this a medical condition or is this common? I know ppl who don't shower everyday and they still don't smell that bad. lol

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 2:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• lmao, i think all men are that way. My fiance is really picky when it comes to deoderant and cologne he'll wear. The stuff he likes I think stinks, and the stuff i like, he thinks sticks. He's really lazy when it comes to putting it on too. Cause he gets up at 5am every morning to go to work, so he either forgets or just doesnt feel like putting it on lol. Until I started complaining, lol. Not really being mean, just joking around with him. that he smells like b.o. lol.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 2:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• just tell him, i bet he is aware but doesnt think you mind...talk about it and then discuss buying a medical strenght deoderant. Now they even use botox i believe, could be wrong but its something of the sort injected into the armpits twice a yr to really cut down on the amount of sweat.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 10:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Maybe...mine is a smoker. I used to be but quit several years ago. His breath is sooo gross. It doesn't just smell like cigarettes either. It smells like really stale breath and an ashtray. Yuck. He tried quitting a few times. I was in heaven. Too bad for me it didn't last long. I insist on mouthwash +/or brushing before he gets anything more than a peck on the lips.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Is he using a deodorant or a deodorant that has an anti-perspirant, too? That can make all the difference, since I have gotten deodorant by accident before. He may be the kind of guy that needs two showers a day, I know in the summer I do. Other than that I don't know. I heard about using the botox too, I'd get that if it meant I'd hardly sweat :)
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Amazingly, no, not at all. My husband has never even worn deoderant or anti-persperant. He works hard, but he absolutely has never been stinkie! I was shocked after we got married and I learned he never used anything. He takes a morning shower and still smells good at night. I guess it's all in your body's chemistry.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 2:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• It has a lot to do with gentics. Most of the days my DH showers before and after work, but still has a slight prob with odor. He also uses the whole Breath Rx dental hygiene line, but that doesn't work great either. His daughter and father also have the same smell. It is something internal causing the smell in their family, maybe this is the reason why your hubby is stinky too! IDK, just an option. But seriously, a lot of the time it is a hereditary problem that has to be solved for the inside.
    Am19v

Answer by Am19v at 10:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My husband smells but he works in a very hot metal factory with very hot machines. He also wrestles, so he smells there too. He wears a uniform for work though, so it's easy to wash the stank out. His wrestling gear though...ugh the kick pads he uses, the pleather on them just keeps the sweat smell not matter how many times you wash them
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2009