i think im going into labor...

i took castor oil at around 730pm and now its 230am and im having bad back pain, that occasionally radiates to the front...when it comes to the front it gets real tight and painful, are these contractions? i also lost my mucus plug for the second time today. when should i go to the hospital. its my first pregnancy and me and my boyfriend are very nervous/anxious.

ps. im pregnant with twin boys & i went to the doc today and he said i was completely effaced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? If you were completely effaced today then I would get ready to head to the hospital because typically the more effaced you are, the quicker you dilate.

HOWEVER... the back pain and cramping could very well be from the castor oil and not from contractions
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• You have only lost your plug one other time? Dang, you are lucky! I have been losing mine every day for the past 8 weeks and have had bloody show for 2 weeks now!
    Jaydin_Makenna

• Go in and get checked out. I had labor pains in my back when I had my first kid. Wake up sweetie we're going in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Ok this is going to sound gross but when you wipe is it fairly bloody? If not then you can wait it out at home a while longer. Once you get bloody and/or the contractions are regularly coming every 3 to 4 minutes. Being at home is a lot less stressful than being in the hospital too soon. Try to eat and drink something, get a shower, and relax. Once you have signs of active labor go to the hospital. Good luck and congratulations.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• thanks truealaskanmom ! i havent had any bloody show yet... so the warm shower and relaxing sounds good. i do hate hospitals...ill just wait it out.
    twinsbysurprise

Answer by twinsbysurprise at 4:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• let us know how everything goes!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 6:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I was told to go with the 411 rule. When your contractions are every 4 minutes and each one lasts 1 minute for at least 1 hour, head in. I agree with the warm bath or shower. When I was in labor with DD, I got in the tub at the hospital and it relaxed me so much I went from 4cm to birth in like 45 minutes! Its like a natural epidural! :0)
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2009