Little brother question

So my little brother is 17... I gave him condoms before christmas because i had gotten a lot for free from aids awareness.. turns out he used them already... With a sophmore who he says he wouldn't want to get pregnant because she's stupid..
okay on the one hand i'm glad he used them.. but my mom and her fiance don't think he's having sex... so the parent in me wants to tell them to have the talk with him, but they won't do it unless i tell them why...
he's like god to them, he can get away with murder so unless they think something is wrong they'll just leave it as it is..

I've already tried having the talk but he should be looked after better.. i got away with so much and i don't want him to regret the stuff he's doing now.

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 2:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I think a good enough reason to have "the talk" would be to educate him "before"(since they're in the dark) he does something stupid not try to fix things AFTER they've gone sour.

Tell your parents that being a teenager today is extremely different from when they were kids and even from when you were one yourself. That there are new pressures and standards of fitting in and that if they don't talk to him about it to teach him how to respect women and be careful for his own sake, that he's going to turn into a total d-bag and end up doing something stupid(not just someone stupid).

Keep being an awesome sister. :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 5:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Its really up to him to tell your parents I think, maybe just be there for him and let him know the importance of using condoms.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 2:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• IF you can be his support and adult in this case I would say don't tell your parents, he is far more likely to listen to you then them anyway.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think it is something your little brother needs to talk to your parents about. He has you he feels comfortable talking to. It is good that he has someone he feels he can come to if he has questions or problems. If you were to tell your parents then your little brother would feel you betrayed his trust, then he wouldn't come to you at all. Just be there for him, give him all the info you can.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• MYOB!!! Atleast he is using protection. He is NOT your child, it is up to him to tell his parents what he is doing. If you go behind his back and tell on him, he will NEVER trust you again. If he asks you questions just answer them, but I would NOT tell your parents, that his your brothers place to do so.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i agree with everyone eles that it is his place to tell your parents about him having sex. but its good he has u to talk to about sex and ask for advice if he needs it. i would tell ur parents about how hard it is to be a teen in todays worlds and teens need more support from their parents and education from them too. if they dont think he is having then they just want to believe their son is a good kid and would never do something that. my one question is why is he having sex with a girl that he says is stupid and would not want to get her pregnant. when having sex there is always a change he could get her pregnant. so he taking that chance in getting her pregnant even if they are useing protection.
    ashmomoftwins

Answer by ashmomoftwins at 11:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2009