I have a question for pagans or anybody else who knows

Is there any mention of Jesus by name in any pagan literature from way back then just wondering since there where Pagans before Christians. to any other religions is there any mention of Jesus by name in any other literature outside of the Bible? Please give ref. that would be great. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not to my knowledge, but it's an interesting question!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 3:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i myself am pagan and have not seen such a reference. bvt that is not to say it does not exist!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Most of our historical documents have been distroyed.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:33 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Eusebius of Caesarea (circa 283-371 CE) wrote: "The religion of Jesus Christ is neither new nor strange." 1

St. Augustine of Hippo (354-430 CE) wrote: "This, in our day, is the Christian religion, not as having been unknown in former times, but as having recently received that name."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8380511.stm

"St Augustine wrote to the Pope to say he'd discovered a church in Glastonbury built by followers of Jesus. But St Gildas (a 6th-Century British cleric) said it was built by Jesus himself. It's a very very ancient church which went back perhaps to AD37."

-------------------
    Jesus is said to have built a chapel in Glastonbury - and when theologian St Augustine heard of it 1,400 years ago, he wrote to the Pope to tell him about it. Mr Harrison said: 'The concrete evidence is this reference by St Augustine that at Glastonbury there was a small building or church that was put up by Jesus.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1230860/Was-Jesus-taught-Druids-Glastonbury-New-film-claims-possible-came-England.html#ixzz0b58JRCNz

Check out these links
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 8:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Yes. There is a great deal of literature that names Jesus, yet is outside the Cannon. I don't have a list of them at my finger tips but you should look up "Banned from the Bible" There is some great information there for you. However you need to understand that none of these writings are "Pagan" in nature, they are all Christian or at least Gnostic. Not Pagan. The mention of Jesus tends to label a document as Christian.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• In strictly Pagan writings, there are no mentions of Jesus or Christianity before the take over.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• From all of my readings (so far so much out there) I have not come across anything withing Pagan writings that mention Jesus or Christianity ... but you need to realize also that much of the Pagan history was destroyed by the Church...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• None that I know of...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2009