Not to sound gross in any way, but dont really know how to explain it any other way lol

Since Ive had my son, in June 2008, Ive only had 4 periods. Ive been to doctor after doctor, and had test done after test. with no realresults Finally I just gave up. Ive always had a messed up cycle, since I started at 13. I was wondering if anyone had the same, or similar problem, and knows what it is? When i do have my period, its extremely heavy. Alot of blood clots. It usually lasts a week. I have extremely bad cramping, which sometimes puts me balled in tears. I cant take the birth control pill because it makes me bleed pretty much non stop. Right before my period each time I get this mucasy discharge stuff. Which I didnt get that before my son. Before I got pregnant it would only skip two months at the most, now I just never know when to expect it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like it may be PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). I have PCOS and this is similar to what I experienced. I've always had wacky periods, heavy, and would skip months at a time (along with other annoying bodily symptoms)...but it got WAY worse after I had my daughter. Luckily, I found a birth control pill that works awesome for me, so far.

Talk to your doc about this and see about getting your blood levels tested for PCOS. There are other options besides chemicals and pills and whatnot...there are natural ways to try to alleviate your problems, ask your doc what you can do!
    Meg_the_Mermaid

Answer by Meg_the_Mermaid at 3:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Well you may just be one of those women who don't have a period monthly. In the 1800's women only had periods every 3 to six months so it may be nothing wrong it is just how your body works.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:09 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i cant relate to all that your sayin lol but my sis has this deises were she never has her periods? pos i think it is but i dont think you have that...but when i get my period wich is regularly i get heavy clotty mess!! n it started a few months after giving birth my back kills im like sick almost there will be huge like chunks lol omg im getting my self sick sorry but im just saying and i also told the docs wat was happening and other things they couldnt explain my period but told me i needed to speak to sum1 about my hair falling out like i was depressed and loseing my hair but i didnt care about tht being doubles over in pain wit non stop gushing was my concern?!?!?!
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 3:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• You may want to look into a Chinese herb called Dong Kwai.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I know how your feeling my dr. told me that I had a cyste on one of my ovaries and that is why I was in pain my sister-in-law had the same problem but she had more than one cyste and the had to take out her ovaries the only thing I can tell you is try another dr and if you have a cyste they will give you the pill which helps cyste not to grow but if you are not taking it right it will make you bleed I wasnet taking mine how i should and i was on my pd for a month so now i have a alarm on my phone to remind me and it worked...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 5:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2009