Is there a right or wrong way?

I saw something in another post that got me thinking. Is there a right or wrong way to refer to the male anatomy? Would you consider it ghetto or white trash to refer to the penis as ding dong dingy, junk, pee pee, or any other nickname?
i think its normal to give it a nickname. not only for memorization purposes. But propriety also. opinions?

ChaoticSoul

Asked by ChaoticSoul at 3:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dunno, I think referring to it as his "stuff " or "junk" is discreet enough and everybody still knows what you mean without having to get downright clinical about it...
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• lol, i always refer to it as a "peeper"
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• What is wrong with the word penis? Do you make up silly names for other body parts? Do you call eyes peepers?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Do you mean for yourself or to teach the kids? I would not teach kids to call it "junk" or "stuff" but if they are little I would not have a problem with "pee-pee" or something like that. Of course, penis is easy enough to say.... Personally I find the female anatomy harder to name appropriately since the vagina is NOT what the kids are referring to at all! Anyway....I don't have a problem with "kiddie names" for private parts since it is all kind of complicated down there. If you are talking about adults, then I would say that anything other than the actual names of the parts is just playful rather than trashy. Unless you are talking to a doctor or something like that!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I love that you asked for propriety's sake. Kids need to know the proper name, penis, so that if they talk to someone outside the home, like a teacher "The ball slammed into my penis" they'll know where to put the ice pack. If the kid says "Buttface kicked me in my peeper" the ice would potentially go to the wrong spot. KWIM? Not everyone gives it a nick name, but there's nothing wrong with giving it one, esp. when it's cute because the kid can't pronounce certain sounds yet.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• when they are smaller pipi works for me. Right now my son is six, he just learned penis but also saysing "my boys", my penis, my wee wee, etc.
    A funny -- my dd (4) also started saying "my penis" -- interesting conversation insued over that.
    Whatever you choose to call it for whatever reason there comes a point in their dev. where that area is just funny. Around the fart stage.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• is it any different than a woman calling her breasts the girls? Or a guy calling them names? Think not. I don't refer to my breasts as my mammillary glands. I call them my girls, boobs or if I'm messing with the hubs my titties.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My mom is over 40 and still calls body parts by nicknames. She gets upset when I use the real words even!
    I tell my son (2) to point his penis down when he pees, she yells from the living room ITS A PEE PEE!
    I breastfeed my 11 month old and she says Cover up those ninees.
    She had to fire someone at work because they got caught "sucking on a pee pee" while on the clock.

I do not want my kids to be ashamed to say the real names for body parts. It's just ridiculous.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:42 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• In our family, it's penis, breasts, butt, etc. I don't make up nicknames for my elbow or ankle, I won't for these either. If I need a really discreet term, I call them "your private area".
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I call it a baseball equipment..they have a bat and 2 balls.
    ERNAProud

Answer by ERNAProud at 2:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2009