How can I get my baby to eat???

help!!!oh my, my son dosn't want to eat much.he is so attach to my breast, and eats nibbles here and there,what can I do to make him eat more.he's 14 months... im pretty concerned, but im running ou of ideas!

mumofone1017

Asked by mumofone1017 at 3:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put him with his food until he eats it, a baby wont allow itsself to starve. Once he figures out he has to eat to get your attention then he will eat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Congradulations on nursing him this far! :D
    Its okay if he doesnt take to solids as long as he is still nursing, even at this age. My 17 month old still sometimes refuses to eat but she is happy, healthy, and energetic. I give her breastmilk in a sippy cup (I couldnt nurse her past two months). The best thing to do in your situation is to let him nurse whenever he wants (until he starts eating more) and let him nibble on food whenever he wants. Eventually he will eat more. As long as the pedi says he's healthy there's nothing to worry about.
    An excellent group that I am in is called Breastfeeding Moms: http://www.cafemom.com/group/325
    They'll help out with his eating habbits.Try not to worry too much. Good luck with everything mama'!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 4:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Your child should be eating solids comfortably. Pick up a copy of Baby Led Weaning at your local library; there is also great information on the website: www.babyledweaning.com

He may have a sensory issue; you should get him evaluated, as early intervention is always best.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2009