How High does your childs temperature usually get while teething?

My son has his first 2 teeth coming in and hes running a temp of 101.8. ive already gave him tylenol and it never went down just kept going up.. it went from 101.5 to 101.8 in a half hour.
is this normal?

mrsdemchuck

Asked by mrsdemchuck at 3:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope that is not normal for teething, he may be feeling sick. If you can't get it down I would call the oncall doctor and see if he needs to be seen.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:55 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Id have to say no. None of my kids ever qan fevers while teething. call ur on call.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 3:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• his temp just dropped to 100.4
    mrsdemchuck

Answer by mrsdemchuck at 5:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Every baby is different but with my oldest she always got really high fevers when she was teething. I don't think it ever went any higher then 103.0 She was always fine and it would usually only last a day or two. But you know your child best, and if something doesn't seem right it is always best to call your doctor or go to the Emergency Room!
    ProudScoutWife

Answer by ProudScoutWife at 5:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2009