Are there any legitimate companies that let you work from home?

I need to find a job and working from home is the best option. Most "ads" for work at home aren't real. There must be some companies that don't want you ro sell a product as part of a pyramid to make money. Any suggestions?

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Money & Work

• Yes ! Here are three, that I know of. , and These sites have monthly subscription fees , but they have jobs.

• I buy all natural & non-toxic health, beauty and cleaning products from Melaleuca and they pay you to refer people. No selling what so ever! Right now you can get a membership to shop with them for only $1 until 6/30.

Answer by marsha78 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• You need to decide if you want a job or a business. A job is where your going to just do a task and get paid a flat fee. A home business is just that a business. For a business you have to have a product or products to sell. There are a handful of legitimate home businesses out there, and lots of scams. But keep this in mind a pyramid is actual Walmart, Macy's etc... its where the people at the top will always make more than you. The home business I am in you can exceed and surpass those above you.

Answer by motivesmom at 2:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Here are the good ones-- I know because I do CUSTOMER SERVICE for 2 of them. No sales! Check out these websites:

In most cases, you can pick the client you want to train with. Each company has a different client base. Arise has clients like Apple, Barnes and Noble, Walgreens, AIG, Lasik Vision, Time Magazine, etc. West has clients that wnat you to take calls for infomercials (some selling involved, but it is all scripted and all inbound) and do activations for cell phones (Virgin Mobile). Alpine Access is similar to West. Arise will pay you the most per hour- up to $15/hr for some clients, but they charge as much as $200 for client training. West and AA pay much less, around $8-9/hr, but you get paid for training, usually around $7/hr. If you have more questions about these companies, feel free to send me an email! :)

Answer by Devvie at 3:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I work from home doing AtHome America - I also am the group owner of a huge WAH group here on cafemom ....

Answer by ahalisa at 4:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• they are always looking for people starts at $10 per hour plus commision. There is no cold calling involved.

Answer by its_mrs.valdez at 4:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I'm doing Arbonne Skin Care. I love it. I have more free time than ever before working a 9-5pm traditional job. And I actually make money everytime that I work. Plus Arbonne sends me a check once a month on top of what I make. It won't be to much longer, they are going to by me a mercedes-benz! I'm offering a special to 10 women that want to join my team, I will pay their start up fee of $29. We always offer support & training. And it is free, unlike other companies who charge. I can honestly say that there isn't a better time to be with Arbonne!Click on my profile if you have more questions! I wish you well

Answer by LovinArbonne at 9:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Hi. My name is Lisa and I'm a stay at home mom to two wonderful children, ages 2 and 6. They keep me busy, but I love every minute of it!
    I wasn't always a stay at home mom, however. Before having my second child, I had a great job that paid me well enough that I could afford childcare. But after having my second child, my income couldn't justify the cost of childcare any longer.
    I had searched for a work at home job for two years. This had proven very difficult to find, as most advertisements I'd come across were scams! That was until I saw an ad on a car that was parked at the zoo. I visited the website and requested more information.
    I am so lucky to have found this wonderful opportunity to work from home with my kids by my side. Not only have I found a legitimate work at home job, but it has also helped me go GREEN and earn GREEN while doing it. Let me help you do the same!
    Come visit me at www.MomsGoneGreen.Biz

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 10:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Check out they are a resource site that lists various work at home options both jobs and businesses. If you want to go into direct sales check out They can help you determine if a company is legitimate and avoid scams. I personally am a consultant for Arbonne.

Answer by rasbneon at 10:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I work from home with a nationwide health benefits company. It is not a job though, it is a business. With the lack of affordable quality healthcare these days, it is actually a very profitable business. I have been working from home with them since August 2006 which makes it the only work at home opportunity I was ever able to stick with, since the money is pretty good.

Answer by MarleneJ74 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2008