I dont breastfeeding and i took pain medication while in labor

Gotcha!! Why does it always seem like people are more willing to answer controversial questions then ones that aren't?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because people feed on drama, especially women. I don't care if that sounds sexist, it's true.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I honestly dont see what was controversal about this. IF that is how it went for you it was your choice.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• lol, I didn't see anything controversial in what you said, honestly, I wasn't sure what you were getting at - were you asking if you could breast feed even though you used pain meds while in labor, or do you think that using it meant you couldn't nurse, or what. I clicked on it to see what you were talking about.

Frankly, whether you're making it up or not, doesn't matter to me. I did nurse my kids. I also used pain meds while in labor (and one of my kids was a c-section). I also vaccinate my kids, send them to public school, and let them date (lol - my ds will be 17 next week, and my dd is 15 1/2). My sister didn't nurse. I have friends of mine who homeschool, and I have friends who don't vaccinate (and a couple who do both those things.)

To each their own. I just wanted to see what you were asking :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I guess the point I was trying to make is that it seems like if you ask a normal question, like for example" What kind of bathwash do you use for your baby?" I would get a faster response if the question were to stir up trouble, like "Why don't SAHMs work?"(this is just an example). I guess it would have made more sense to just write that. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Oh I get ya. Ya I have often wondered that myself. I notice that all the bull drama posts have 100s of answers but then a real question weither it be just for fun or really wanting advice has only a few or none.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think the reason that some posts become so drama filled is because there is such a wide range of people here, that when someone says something inflammatory, it's attacking someone here. For example, I could say I was against Neo-Nazi Alien Cross Dressing Moms, and there's probably someone on here who is either a) one herself, or b) has one in her family, so they're offended at my attack, and feel the need to defend that group. :-)

But, because nobody takes offense at what sort of baby soap someone uses, there isn't a need to defend themselves, or to respond to what another person replied.

Also, I think it's because we all have opinions on things like relationships, economy, religion, etc. But we don't all have kids at the same ages and stages. So, while I might advise you to leave your crack smoking pedophile husband, I really don't know what baby soap would be good to use, because I have teens.

kwim :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Oh, I should add, I try to avoid the super drama filled just intended to attack people posts, though I have to admit, there are some times that someone will say something that is so offensive, that I can't help but respond.

However, while I will discuss and debate (in a respectful way) different topics, I try not to do the whole "Jerry Springer, let's throw down" sort of posts...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• ROFLMFAO!!!!!!! Ahhhh great post!!!! I clicked to say I do breastfeed & had pain meds during labor, I had a c section & took Percocet after for a while too. I think there are alot of really bored women out there who want some human attention & drama. It amazes me at the amount of personal attacks that occur here. I do my best not to be a judgemental troll but actually offer some help whether I agree w/ the op's opinion or not. I think a lot of ppl forget that everyone's life is different & what's best for one won't work for another. Also, alot of the boring ?'s on here (babywash) have been asked & answered a bazillion times, wish some ppl would just join a damn group...
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• It's human nature. Deep down we all feel better about our choices when we are able to justify them, and have other people agree with us. 

BTW, I breastfed and had pain meds with my first.  I plan on going natural with my second.  That said, I believe everyone should make their parenting decisions based on what is going to make them happy. 

logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2009