Getting off BC and odd tenderness? In health too.

I stopped taking my BC at the end of the last pack that was 11 days ago. Yes DH and I have been having sex, but I KNOW if I were to be pregnant it would be to early to tell so that is not my question. My question is When you got off your BC did your pelvic area feel sensitive? When we have sex it feels really tender down there and if he tries to go deeper it feels even more tender. It didnt feel like this til I was off the BC for about 5 days. I am just wondering if that is normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Sometimes the body freaks out when you stop taking hormones. Your ovaries can get a awake up call and everything can get crazy. If you feel uncomfortable, wait it out until your next normal menstrual cycle. Having a normal, non-BC period can flush a lot of crap from your body.

You *could* be pregnant already. Always behave (eat, drink, exercise) as if you are to play it safe for the little one.

If you have a period and the weirdness is still there, call the doc. I got estrogen poisoning once from the Nuvaring. When i went off it I had AWFUL withdrawal that lasted about 2 cycles.

Drink water, eat tons of raw fruits and veggies. That will speed up your body's recovery. It'll give you the boost you need for conception too.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2009