What does flexipool mean exactly?

I applied for a job and it say it was a flexipool position. What does that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You're gonna be a yoga practicing lifeguard? :-) just kidding

Honestly, it probably means that the hours are flexible, and you're in a job pool / employment agency sort of situation. So the hours aren't regular, you get the jobs as they come available, but there are other people in the "pool" that are also being assigned jobs / hours out of the same "pot" so to speak.

That. or it was a serious typo, and they meant flexible. But I would ask the company that you applied with and ask them what, exactly, they mean by it, and what sort of hours you could hope for with them.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I have never heard of it, so I did a search in google, and didn't find much there, either. All I see is that it is pretty much associated with nursing positions, which generally have flexible or rotating shifts, anyway, and this term may be a new way to describe it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2009