10 weeks and bleeding..help

I am 10 weeks and 4 days. I started spotting yesterday then as the day went on it got heavier and I had some light cramping. Iwent to the hospital, they took blood and did an ultrsound and said everything is ok. But why am i still bleeding?! They didnt give me an answer for that. Does anyone have any ideas??

Melody.R

Asked by Melody.R at 8:55 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some women bleed during pregnancy and don't miscarry. I did with my first pregnancy. You may bleed for a week or even longer. I suggest calling your OB or midwife.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:58 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I agree with Gail. It could be normal. Call your OB/midwife, and talk with them. I think that the emergency room docs will generally tell a woman that she is miscarrying, and send them home, and that's not always the case. If they checked, and everything looked good, then I would wait it out (after a call to the doctor to see what they say).
    KadenTaeasmom

Answer by KadenTaeasmom at 9:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Ook thank you so much!
    Melody.R

Answer by Melody.R at 9:39 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• ya i would call my ob im in my 3rd preg and i always bled heavy throughout the whole first trimester ... with this pregnacy they found out that i have a blot clot on my uterus so that is what is causing the bleeding this time good luck it is scarey
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Ask your doctor or the u/s tech if you have placenta previa. I started bleeding heavy at 13 weeks, still bleeding now at 15 weeks and thats what I have. It's when your placenta is covering your cervix. Causes bleeding but the baby is fine.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2009