freakig out please help!

im waiting for my dr to call me back. but im almost ready to go to the er. my 18 month old put a hair piece around her wrist last night and i didnt know she could do that so for 12 hrs its been cutting off her circulation.. her hand is swollen fingers arent and nails are normal skin color is normal but her hand is huge!!! please tell me someones kids has done this and been fine...should i just go to the er?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 9:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• When you removed the band if the hand doesn't immediately come back, I'd take her to the doctor or urgent care or ER just to be cautious. The normal color is, I think, a good sign. But she should be checked to make sure there is no damage.

Answer by Bmat at 9:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• when you push on her fingernails what happens?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• it turns white then goes back to the normal color... the swelling is going down its been an hr and the swelling is 1/2 of what it was.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• she's ok. No er trip needed. When the nails turn & go back the circulation is occuring & the blood is reaching their heart. Give it some more time & all the swelling will go away.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• The swelling is from the backup of blood for that long.
    Nyx7