I think my cat has a cold?

He has been sneezing like crazy and has yellow nasty boogers. So how much do you think it will cost to get him seen and medicated? or is there any chance it will just run its corse and go away? I already have a dog that costs me over 200$ a month with his medical problems.

Fordmomma

Asked by Fordmomma at 9:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pets

• It sounds like an upper respiratory infection and if that goes untreated it can get worse. I have seen a cat almost die from it because it was not treated. As far as the cost goes that will depend on your area and your vet.  In my area it would be anywhere from $80 to $100 dollers depending on how many meds were sent home. 

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Have it checked for dystemper. My cat died from it, as he started out with a cold, then started getting listless, then wouldn't eat, and so on. It was too late for me, and had to have him put to sleep. I hope your cat gets better soon!
    CBarnes41

Answer by CBarnes41 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Sounds like upper respiratory infection to me. It should not be to much at the vet-just an exam and some antibiotics.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I agree, upper resp. infection, my cat had one. If you don't go in and get antibiotics now you will end up paying more later because if you let it go it could turn into something worse, possibly requiring hospitalization.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2009