For the moms that use store brand diapers...

Which store brand is better? My oldest DD has severe uncontrolable ezcema and is extremely sensitive. I have always used Huggies lil riders I think (the all red package) b/c I hate the huggies snug n dry. I use it with my youngest DD as well. My question is are the store brands just as good? Just as absorbent? Or do you get what you pay for? Having 2 kids in diapers is getting to be expensive and I was thinking about changing to a store brand any advice would be appreciated! :] THANKS!

Ari0825

Asked by Ari0825 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I can't really tell you what store brand is best because we only tried 2... White Cloud were horrid! They leaked and were far from soft. We use Parents Choice from Walmart and have never had an issue!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i use Parent's Choice. we actually tried all kinds of diapers, but they seem to work the best for my DD. and you can't beat the price. i'm not sure if they'd irritate you DD's skin. good luck!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• we have honestly tried them all!!! I always result back to huggies..they just do the best job. no leaks , no issues. ive tried the parents choice, they were awfulllllllllll. its definately what you pay for is what you get and thats sad because having children shouldnt cost an arm and a leg and people are not rich but yes, the cheap ones suck, I try to buy my diapers in bulk because in the end you save a ton that way.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 10:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Well just be prepared for an off brand diaper not to work for you. I have tried to switch to all kinds of cheaper diapers because I'm tired of feeling like I have to sell my freaking soul everytime I buy diapers but I always end up using huggies again. Pampers work just as well but they're more expensive. Luvs made him break out into a horrible rash, parents choce leaked something fierce, the local store brand felt like paper bags and they leaked. I could go on and on, I finally realized that I was saving more money jus buying the expensive diapers then I was having to wash a ton of extra laundry eery week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I tried Parents Choice from Walmart and hated them. The best I tried was White Cloud, my DD had lots of skin issues too and they never irritated her skin and they fit her well, no leaks. I also tried a dollar store brand, maybe it was fisher price, they were okay, but I was won over by White Cloud and at the time it was most convenient since Walmart was only a minute away.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Krogers brand work great my middle child had sensitive skin as well and they never gave her a problem they are made by the same company that makes huggies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• We tried just about every diaper out there looking for the best "cheap" diaper we could find... we went with LUVS they are great.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My latest discovery is the store brand from Family Dollar and Dollar General! Yes, they sell diapys! ME and my Babysitter think that they fit better, absorb better and prevent Poopy diaper blowouts - I switched from LUVS.. Oh and here 36 pack is about 6.00. Hope that helps!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• These are the ones that have worked for us - White Cloud, Parents Choice and Kroger Brands. They worked just as good as the Pampers we always struggled to buy. We can get the same amount of diapers by box/package if not more by buying store brand over name brand. The only diaper I wouldn't recommend is Luvs. Both my kids peed out of those every time.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• We use Comfort Baby. We buy them at King Soopers. They have little bumble bees on them. We have never had a problem with them. And my girls like the bees....lol My oldest dd has very sensitive skin and these do not bother her.
    laura7485

Answer by laura7485 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2009