New kitten's belly... Our bellies.... ?

I got my SD a kitten for Christmas. Got him from a lady who is well known in our community for having sweet, healthy (LITTER TRAINED!!!) kittens each Christmas. He is fun, playful, and adorable, very friendly and soooo cuddly.
Here's my question- he seems to have some diarrhea. My husband thinks his belly is distended, but to me, he just looks like a slightly plump kitten. I wouldn't have worried at all, except, yesterday, we all ended up with a stomach bug. I know this could all be coincidence. It was just a thought I had.
He's too small to get his shots, but I'll be taking him to the vet for a check up next week (after paycheck, lol).
Any thoughts?

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 10:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My guess is the kitten has worms, it's very common, pretty much every kitten has them. Even my kitten I got at the pet store had them. If it is worms it's not a big deal at all, the vet will give you some medicine to give the kitten and they'll be gone in a few days. And the stomach bug is a coincidence.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Are you giving cows milk to your kitten?  Cows milk will give cats diarrhea, their digestive systems can't handle it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2009