hello my daughter is 4 months 3 days old , and been haveing the upper respiratory crap going and is on antibotics for it. Since two days ago shes been haveing little fevers off and one. Sunday it was about 11:00 when she woke up with 100.2 temp , then it dropped down to 99.4 temp at 1:30 that afternoon and then about mid night it was 98.4 and then yesterday it was back up to 99.7 and then when i got home from work last night it was 96.5 . is there anything i can do for her.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She has actually only had one fever. Usually anything under 100 is not considered a fever. Just keep her as comfortable as possible.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I know that you probably are not looking for a link but this one has more information than I can type here so here it is: http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t082100.asp  It has a lot of good info about fevers, how to treat them, when to worry, etc.... Hope she feels better soon. (=

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• In infants, temps under 100.4 are considered normal. Also, at different times of the day, the body will be warmer or cooler. My daughter was always at 99.9 in the afternoons/evenings. I wouldn't worry about the temp, rather watch how she's acting. If she's sluggish, pale, etc then call the doc. If eating, seems normal (aside from the being sick part!) and doesn't seem to be in any additional pain, I wouldn't worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Also, low grade temps are good signs. It means the body is fighting the infection and unless there's reason for concern, you should let the body do it's job. If it gets too high or is affecting baby, then consider reducing the fever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think the best thing you can do for her is to stop giving her medicine and actually let the fever do its job, the above poster is right, she has really only had 1 fever and it wasnt all too high...fevers are a sign that our body is trying to naturally fight off an infection in our bodies and are actually a GOOD thing unless they get too high and stay high.
    Try just letting her body do its job and if she seems uncomfortable try giving her a bath, or a washcloth on her forehead, if you are still nursing her (which would be helping her in and of itself) let her nurse as much as she wants when you are around as its good for keeping her hydrated, keeping hydrated is important when temps get elevated.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 1:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2009