Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this what you'd call a food addiction?

I don't have enough of the symptoms to be diagnosed bulimic or anorexic (i don't practice these behaviors enough according to docs) but I'll binge eat for like 2 to three days (sometimes throwing up more often no though) and then i'll starve myself (sorta maybe eat a little candy) for a couple days- what would you call this? i know it's not healthy- but it's like a cycle I either eat too much or not enough.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Health

Answers (3)
  • Yeah, it's food addiction. I have food addiction too. I don't get full! Once i start eating i get hungrier & hungrier. I can out eat even most men! Then i starve myself, like you do. And then i freak out because i am so hungry & i binge eat again.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 10:54 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

  • Binging & vomiting are bulimia. You need to seek medical and psychiatric help now. Frequent vomiting can cause ulcers in the esophagus.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

  • This is called an eating disorder. Please get help now, or you may die.

    Answer by rkoloms at 11:33 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.