what to do!

i work part time and i am 33 weeks along. i get 6 weeks off after the baby is born but i just asked my boss if i could take off 2 weeks before i am due to get things ready. she said no what do i do ? do i just stayworking or what ?

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think there is much you can do about that unless the doctor says it's medically necessary for you to take off earlier. I had to take off earlier because I was a high risk pregnancy and had preterm labor. It is hard being a working mom and it don't get better afterwards because you have to juggle doctor appointments and times when you child is sick with working. It's one of the cons of being a working mom, but doable if you know how to work around things that happen.
    table4eight

Answer by table4eight at 4:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• If you only work part time, you should have time before the baby is born to get things ready. Have family and friends to help you also if you get tired quickly. Time off after the baby is born is more important than before.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Try and see if your dr can give you a note saying that work is becoming too much and you need to take off. I did that exactly 2 weeks before my last one was born in July. I told my midwife I was so worn out from chasing after my older son and my feet were so swollen that neven my flip flops didn't fit. So she gave me a note that said to get off of work earlier. I still took my 2 months when my son was born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• You might as well learn balance now. Being a working mom is a constant juggling act.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:33 AM on Dec. 29, 2009