I know I'm wrong for feeling this way.. But....

Here's the deal.. My SS is staying with my in laws this week because he is out of school and daycare was closed.. he was SUPPOSED to stay with us.. but I had to work this week instead of being off like I was previously told. Anyways, We were NOT supposed to get him on New Years Eve. Thats the one night out of the ENTIRE year that my husband and I do something together! Well, he's been off work and could have had his son ALL week and then let his mother watch him that one night.. and instead, he wants to spend his off days playing golf and get him on our night. Well needless to say, I'm pissed because we haven't been on a date in months because we have my SS every friday saturday and sunday so this night was special. Not to mention, I have already made reservations to our fav restaurant. Now, he's mad at me and saying that I'm being selfish because I want him to have his mom watch his son that one night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• OP here: He's calling me selfish and in reality, he could have spent nearly an entire week with just him and won't because he wants to play golf. I feel so wrong for wanting a baby sitter for him but at the same time, we don't date because we have SS on weekends, and I don't think it's too much to ask to have one night to ourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• if everything your saying is the truth, then i dont think your wrong.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Im sorry but he doesnt sound like much of a father. If he hasn't been with his son all week than you all probably cant go out on New years or you have to get a sitter. Poor child though, he wont be spending anytime with his father.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think that He is the one who is wrong because his priorities aren't to his child or to you even, it is whatever his selfish ass wants to do like playing golf instead of spending quality time with his family.

He is not interested in going out with you, period. He is using his child as an excuse and you are letting him get away with it. This is a lose lose situation. If I were you, I would tell him to stay at home with his child, to plan better for next year so his golf wouldn't interfere with his split time with family. And I would go out by myself to my favorite restaurant, I would catch a movie, heck even get a pedicure or a massage and stay in a hotel by myself. I would enjoy the beauty of seeing a new year relaxing. That will teach him two things. A) Not to take you for granted, B) That you are generous enough with your time already.

Pamper yourself, it's okay.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 11:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• He's selfish. He should have been spending time with his son instead of playing golf and having the grandmother watch the boy. Actually, she should have mentioned that. Why don't you go leave him at home with his son on that night? Do something for yourself. It might get the point across.
    Anonymous

• hire a sitter

Answer by admckenzie at 12:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• he obviously doesnt care about your night out.. why not go out instead of him playing golf. its all about him he is very selfish.
    Anonymous

• so what does he plan to do with his son on new years eve at 12 at night.. wont he be asleep so why cant a sitter watch him? second if he is gonna be such a jerk you should go out by yourself and leave him with his kid by himself.
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 1:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• If your husband is off work this week, then why is his son at his grandmother's in the first place?! He should be taking care of his own child. Also, did you and your husband discuss plans for New Year's Eve or did you just make plans based on what you wanted to do and assume he would want the same thing? Regardless, if he wants to spend time with his son instead of going out and you want to go out, call up a friend or go out by yourself.
    Anonymous