question?

I went to the doctor yesturday and that was my last apointment before i have the baby on tuesday.. Well my doctor was out of town and the doctor i seen told me something that my doctor never told me should i listen to him? Well ok i have extra aminotic fluid and the doctor dont know why i dont have diabetes and everything as been fine besides the extra fluid well the doctor i seen told me that if my water breaks before my c section date that i need to call 911 instead of hubby driving me to the hospital cause there is a big risk something can happen to the baby? WHAT? what would u think if one doctor that u never seen before told u this but your reguler doctor never said anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would definitely be upset. But its a good possibility that your doctor didn't want to alarm you or cause you extra stress if he didn't have any concerns. With any repeat c-section there is always a concern of going into labor before your scheduled date. If you feel fine then I wouldn't worry about it. Just take it easy and enjoy the extra rest before your little one comes next week. Also, call the maternity ward at the hospital and just ask what you are suppose to do in the event your water breaks. Although I will say that if you do feel ANY labor symptons, whether you think its braxton hicks or not make sure to call your doctor immediately. I went into labor with my daughter three weeks before my scheduled c-section.
    Proudmom_28

Answer by Proudmom_28 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Well I would be livid. Tis a risk with any pregnancy scheduled for c-section. Hence call 911 if your water breaks. This helps your baby and yourself having trained people instead of a frantic husband! Then when you get the chance talk to your regular doctor and ask him why he felt not to inform you of said things. Then go from there. I wish you the best of luck. LOL Today you should be having your baby right? Good luck! :)
    Have a great day!:)
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 10:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• You should have asked this question while you were there. Call your doctor now, and ask, or call the OB unit at the hospital and ask one of the nurses or residents.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Maybe it was something your regular doctor was planning on telling you at your last appointment.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 12:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2009