What Skin Care Do You Use?

i'm mostly curious what over-the-counter skin care you use? face wash? face lotion [with spf]? etc... i am looking to cut costs and switch to something cheaper. right now i use biore skin preservation. the face wash isnt too bad, about $6 but lasts a long time. but the lotions [day and night] are around $15 each.

AgentBrez

Asked by AgentBrez at 11:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use Target's face products. I like them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I use Jordan Essentials gentle face bar ($5.50) and the shea body butter ($14) for moisturizing. My complexion has never been so clear.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Ok, I am on a mission today for skincare...to ALDI!! yes, seriously the ALDI stores have a line of skincare called LaCura and the reviews online are outstanding!!! (check out makeupalley.com for reviews on almost any product!)
    The best part is they are all less than $5.00!!! I am giddy with delight! I have a baby and have no $$$ to spend on skincare - the products are made in Germany and people have compared them to E. Lauder.
    Check them out at www.aldi.com (The makeup got good reviews too!)
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• oil of olay moisturizer. cheap and gr8! aveeno too, but about the same as biore.
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I use soap and water on my face. ***gasp*** I know it's crazy. But it works for me! After I wash my face, I put lotion on - usually Lubriderm. If I am putting makeup on then I use Clinique (the yellow stuff) lotion.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Hello Agent Brez! :) I use Estee Lauder and Christian Dior, but I have found a few places to cut costs a bit. I save my Bare Minerals foundation for when I have a breakout because it covers very well, but I've found Maybelines Whipped Matte foundation in a jar is a great product. Maybeline also has good mascara, I like the Stiletto one.

But, you asked about skin care products, not cosmetics, right? The only thing I've tried that's not Estee or Dior is Olay, but I think that's for more mature skin and you probably don't need that yet.  So....I guess I can't help ya out too much.  I've been using Estee Lauder since before you were born, so it's been a long time since I've tried something new. 

Talk to you soon!  :)

toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 2:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Oil of Olay Definity works great for me, the twice a wk I use that neatrogena micr-vibrating thing (I put the Olay wash on the head and use that to clean my pores) for moisturizer I also use Olay's.
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 4:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2009