Any elementary school teachers? Advice???

I have a 4 year degree in Accounting. I'm a SAHM. However, I've often considered that when I re-enter the work force I'd like to teach elementary school.

What are the pros and cons of being a teacher?

DaphneMae

Asked by DaphneMae at 11:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• I can't really tell you the pro's and con's of being a teacher, but I can help in other ways. Since you have a Bachelor's degree then you might be eligible for an alternative-route teacher certification. You canfind programs that would help you do this at the website below. Also, you may want to consider getting your foot in the door by teaching accounting classes at a high school. It is much easier getting into education that way. Once you are in then you can work on getting certified to teach Elementary. And to be honest, right now, there is an abundance of elementary teachers, so it might be hard to find a job, where as high school math teachers are in demand. Just something to consider.

http://online.northcarolina.edu/teachered/subjectprograms.php?subject=1

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• so would you go back for the degree then i am assuming? just the two year part of it though...a girl in my class is doing that, and she had a degree in accounting as well, so you would have to as far as i know! i know one pro to teaching is summers off! cons-im learning its A LOT more work than i thought it was! lol
    sunshine86912

Answer by sunshine86912 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2009