If you are a SAHM do you make your SO's "take to work" meal?

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 11:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I also make his breakfast and dinners. Dinner is always ready before he gets home unless we have to go do something as soon as he is home.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• no
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I did when we were first married. But now, my DH doesn't eat while at work. Unless its a snack. He just doesn't have time and honestly, because had digestive issues and he's in charge he doesn't like to be in the bathroom either. But it worries me because he works 12 hour shifts and if he asked me for a lunch, I would gladly provide it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Yes, I make his lunch every day. :)
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Working moms make lunches for everyone, too.

If you are looking for ideas, I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years; send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• No. He and the kids put together lunches for the next day usually while I'm making dinner. If there is something he wants that is left over from dinner I'll put it together while putting things away. He used to make my lunch when we were first married and I went to work and he worked from home.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Yes, I always pack him a lunch.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:54 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• If i make dinner, he can take those left overs i try to put it in a container he can take. Otherwise he packs small snacks to eat on during the day, or wakes up early to make a sandwich! When i wasnt working i used to bring him lunch a few days a week and sit and eat with him...i miss those days...kinda...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• yeah when we have something for him to take, most of the time though i offer him a lunch and he doesn't want one cause he normally don't have time to eat. i do 99% of the cooking and i enjoy doing it, because i am not working so i should be contributing in other ways to the house and family
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 12:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• When I worked, I made us both breakfast and take to work lunches. Usually left-overs that I boxed up the night before. I make him a smoothie every morning. We used to carpool to work. He did the ironing while I made the food.

Now, I make his smoothie and his lunch and try to get him out the door at a decent time. I've been at home only about 6 weeks and he is constantly wanting to stay home to hang out with me.

He can't cook. We try to save money by packing lunches.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2009