When do you cut out the morning nap?

My son sleeps well at night (12 hours) and take s a 2 hour nap in the morning around 10 and then a 1.5 hour nap in the afternoon at 4ish. He's a little over 1 and I was wondering when they say to cut out the morning nap? And when I do, when should his afternoon nap be?

Born2BAMommy5

Asked by Born2BAMommy5 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• WOW! Must be nice! My DD is 17 months old and only naps a total of an hour and a half a day and sleeps 8-10 hours at night. What I'm going to do is just let her cut out her morning naps on her own. Some days, she only takes 1 nap, but that's usually when we have a lot going on that day. I think you should on be concerned about his morning naps if he's not sleeping well at all.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I cut it out when they no longer needed it. If they were happy etc and not cranky or sleepy or hard to get down for a morning nap was when I cut it out, then they went to a nap between 12 and 2. I cut that nap out too once they had a hard time sleeping at night. It really just depends on your child. Some kids need more sleep while others don't.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2009