Hair Cut at 23 months, professional, or do it yourself.

basically i have a 23 month old daughter who's bangs are all up in her face and they need to be cut, but my concern is her moving around and me messing up her hair big time, so do it yourself or get it done professionaly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always did it myself, I would do it while she was in the bathtub. That way she was confined and the hair didn't make a mess. But let me tell you, when I finally took her to get it done professionally, it looked a million times better. I don't do it anymore, she's 6 now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• my son is very active. when his hair got really long I just trimmed it myself. it wasnt as hard as I thought it would be! a few seconds if him keeping still while playing with a toy train was enough for me to snip and get the hair out of his face! he didnt budge at all.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My son had his first haircut at 19 months - and has had LOTS since then. He's 2 1/2. I would rather take him someplace that specializes in kids, so they anticipate them moving around, than risk hurting them myself.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I take them in because even if they don't move I am sure I would screw it up!
    Anonymous