Is it illegal to....

Watch movies online ??? It's free I have watched a few my husband says it is . But how would they know it's me I don't give any personal info. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• Some downloads are free and legal while others are not. They know it is you by our IEP address. The IEP is set up by your internet carrier and it is a number given only to your computer. We all have one, that is how things are monitored on the www.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Then how do I know it's when I ma not breaking the law ?? lol
    Anonymous

• Are you downloading them or streaming them like you would watch a youtube video?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Thats the hard part LOL, a few months ago a woman was arrested and sued for music downloads and the company was awarded like 700,000 in damages. It is crazy, and hard to tell if its legal so I just avoid it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Okay it gives me a choice Download or I push the play button on a youtube like screen. I choose the youtube like screen.
    Anonymous

• I could be wrong, but as long as you dont download it I believe you are ok..The people that posted it however ARE doing something illegal..so it may be illegal by association...
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I would just continue streaming. I don't download anything anymore. I used to download music online like crazy years ago but I haven't in a long time because I'm too afraid of getting into serious legal trouble!

I've recently gotten into Desperate Housewives (yeah, I know it's been around for a long time lol) and I watch the 3 episodes on Lifetime that come on during the week during the day. For some reason my DVR didn't record 6 episodes last week so I had to find them online. It's not easy finding season 3 episodes! But I streamed them, I didn't want to download anything. It was hard but I found them all :)
    Anonymous

• IEP is an Individualized Education Plan. I believe you meant to say IP (Internet Protocol) address.
    Anonymous

• Thanks anon, LOL you are right....:)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• If you don't download it, it is ok (for you at least. maybe not whoever posted it.) Dwnloading is the illegal part.
    KumasMommy

Answer by KumasMommy at 8:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2009