Received less than what should have been for stimulus check and the IRS was no help, anyone else have this problem?

Underpayment of Stimulus Check due to lack of tax liability.

mirnabell3

Asked by mirnabell3 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Money & Work

• Refile your return or call the irs 1 800 829 1040
    Wirelessbound

Answer by Wirelessbound at 2:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Double check the "rules"... my husband assumed we would get a certain amount, but he looked up the rules & realized he was wrong. If you're sure you got the wrong amount, call the IRS again & DEMAND that someone explain it to you.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• check out : irs.gov for rules etc.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Economic Stimulus Payments: Most Frequently Asked Questions
    Q. The notice I received shows I should have gotten more than the government ... to the schedule that has been published for paper check distribution. ...
    www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=182735,00.html
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Also, if you owed any backtaxes...they WILL deduct that out of your rebate!
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 4:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Yes I read there are all kinds of reasons you might not get the total you thought you would. If you did not make enough money or made too much you could qualify for a lower rebate. You also could have back taxes deducted etc. There is also an issue where a certain number of people did not get the correct rebate for their children and will be getting another check to correct that issue. My sister-in-law did not get hers at all but she can't get any answers either.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 10:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My brother didn't get credit for his two kids, even though he and his wife claimed them as dependents? Can't get the IRS to answer the phone!
    AnneZbeth

Answer by AnneZbeth at 10:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2008