Has anyone used glass bottles? How breakable are they? Are there any benefits?

Jjoneslagrange

Asked by Jjoneslagrange at 12:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I did....but every one was dropped out of stroller or cart and shattered on the floor of the store or wherever we were. I then went to plastic bottles that bounce.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I use glass bottles all the time. They don't break easily. Glass is better and healthier imo than plastic.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• There is a company called Wee Go that has CUTE bottles that are glass that have a natural rubber sleeve so they don't break. The rubber sleeves are CUTE. So many colors.

Glass doesn't leach anything. No risk of petrochemicals in the bottle. Like BPA and other endocrine disruptors that are illegal in the rest of the developed world. BPA has been linked to intersexed animals. Human studies are not yet finished in the US.

Wee Go has a website. If I end up having to pump, those are the ones we plan to use.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I used glass bottles with my oldest son, he's now 25 years old, so I"m sure the bottles have changed over the years....but they never broke, they were pretty sturdy. My son even threw one once, it went across the room and hit the floor....didn't break.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 12:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I personally wouldnt use glass bottles. Most places wont take baby food donations that are in glass jars, and there is a good reason why. Small glass chips can break off and go to baby. That really isnt safe.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 4:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• If your child will be in day care, MOST day cares do NOT allow glass bottles. I used plastic bottles and my son was fine.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2009