Is it illegal to....

Watch movies online ??? I go to the free websites and watch movies. My husband says yes it is. But they don't know it's me because I don't give any info. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Only if you're smokin pot and sellin crack outa your basement at the same time.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• LOL okay. lol
    Anonymous

• It depends. There are various reputable sites, hulu.com is probably the biggest one, and those are totally legal. If you're watching a bootleg copy of something that is still in cinemas then that's illegal. It's also illegal to post copyrighted material on youtube unless you own the copyright so if someone posts a movie there they're breaking the law and you're breaking the law by watching it. They're not likely to be coming after you though, bigger fish to fry.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• It's a gray area, really. From what I understand, it's illegal to post them, but not illegal to watch them.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2009