pretty random. im 10 weeks pregnant and work in childcare, how long until i should stop picking up the children?

i work with toddlers from 12-20 months... some of them are pretty heavy. i havent had an official OB yet, its scheduled for the 19th of jan. so i havent gotten a chance to ask.

ucancallmemommy

Asked by ucancallmemommy at 12:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I worked toddlers in a child care center when I was pregnant with DD and I didnt change my routine at all until I stopped working at like 38 weeks. As long as you lift with your knees and are careful, there shouldnt be a problem at all (unless you have medical issues but at that point your doc will tell you what to do)....This time around, I'm 38 weeks and my DD is 20 months old and theres no way I could just say "Oh momma's pregnant. Cant carry you any more!"
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• You can pick children up the entire pregnancy if you bend your knees and pull them close to your body. Moms with a child and pregnant have to do it all the time. Many pregnancy books show pix but you get the idea I'm sure.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I lifted lots during all my pregnancies. Unless you have a problemed pregnacny you don't have to stop picking up the kids.
    Congrats!
    Anonymous

• Pregnant moms don't stop picking up their children unless they have a medical issue. As long as you can pick them up without pain, don't worry.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• well just think there are moms all around the world with more than one kid...i couldnt stop picking up my child cuz i was prego she couldnt understand..she was 20 months when i gave birth and i was holding her when i was in labor..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I agree with the first answer and you'll start to noticed towards the end what you can and can't do so go with your best judgment unless otherwise told my your ob.
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 1:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2009