i lost 30 lbs

and got 25 more to go

my name is Erica am 26 in Sept of 2009 i was 190lbs as of now am 160 i join the jenny Craig program and have been on there meals since, but as of today i will be leaving there program i just can't afford it no more i invest allot of money and it sure added up, so now i will be doing the last 25lbs on my own with no jenny meals and no one to check in with once a week, am scared am not going to lie i don't want to throw away all that work by letting myself going, the thing is with jenny i haven't got to that point yet where they go over with u the meals u eat on your own n what to pick n how, it is not about working out i have the things i need my thing is the eating u know, so if anyone can give me advise on how u eat n what i did learn some things with jenny like the 3 hour eating rule n water n some things like that, am thinking more about your lunch and dinner meals?

Mommy_plus3

Asked by Mommy_plus3 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Congratulations on your loss!! As you have determined, you need to learn a new way to eat. This will be easiest if you prepare one meal for your family.

I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• OH WOW HOW Great!!!!! I just don't have the willpower to diet!!!!! sigh. Congratulations mama!!!!!!!! What an inspiration!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• HORRAY!!!!! I am so happy for you. Let me see what I can do??? I wish you the best.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• congratulations

Answer by admckenzie at 2:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Great job!!!

One thing that's helped me is to join an online weight loss forum. That way you don't "have" to check in with anyone but recording your progress with a bunch of people with the same goals helps keep you focused.
    Plus you get support and tips on how to maintain your new healthier lifestyle.

Keep up the good work!!!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Congratulations! You can keep it going!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• congrats way to go! :)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 3:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2009