switching from liquid concentrate to powder formula

i've been giving my baby liquid concentrate since she was born which was a month ago i get the cans from WIC and i just ran out of cans so i bought powdered because it's less expensive is it out to switch her back and forth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as it is the same brand I don't see why it would hurt, just watch out the powder kind is a lot more likely to cause constipation. Other than that I don't think there is much difference. If I were you I would ask the people at the wic office about it, if she is taking more than they are giving you, they will probably give you more.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• well we used to carry power with us in the diaper bag because it was easier but everytime she drunk it she threw it up
    Anonymous

• Just watch for her belly gettin upset, some babies cant tolerate being switched back and forth, especially if its a different brand...if it bothers her belly you really ought to do what youve got to do to keep her on the same type and brand that she is used to, save up a little bit of money to be able to afford the other stuff or something.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 1:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I've always used powdered. Mine did fine on it.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I only ever used powder, but I don't see a problem using both. As long as the baby will take it. It might taste a little different.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I fed my DS any formula I could get free or cheap and he never had a problem----my cousin on the other hand her baby could only take sensative and that wasn't easy even!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2009