Potty training?

I have a 2yr old going on 3. I work from wedesday thru sunday. I almost have no time to spend time. Working w/ her to potty train. What should I do. I need some advise.

DSL21086

Asked by DSL21086 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Who is with her while you work? DH? Day care? Your parents? Etc. whomever it is should be helping you with it. My DD goes to day care 2-3 times a week and they are right there training her just as if she were at home. And she is only 19 months.
    Anonymous

• I didn't either. Wait until she turns 3 or even a few months after and she is absolutely more than ready. You are going to have to take 1 day off. Buy her lots of character undies that she loves. On Sunday tell her, "tomorrow you will wear big girl underwear and go on the potty! Yay!!!" Monday morning put her in undies. Put her on the potty every 45 minutes or so. Give her a ton of praise. Give her m&ms when she goes. Don't leave the house. The next day she should start to know when she has to go. Take her every hour or 2 hours. Don't go back to diapers ever, except at night. My kids were all trained by day 3, but I stayed home a third day just to make sure. If you can't, she should be good by Wed. This is what I did for all 3 of my kids and it worked. Good luck to you!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2009