what if you got a new job then found out you were pregnant a week after, what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When you can no longer hide your pregnancy, you share your wonderful news with your manager. You present her/him with your (written) plan for transitioning you responsibilities during your maternity leave, your planned availability during your leave, and your plan for resuming your responsibilities.

And congratulations on your new family member!!

Answer by rkoloms at 1:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Nothing. You are not obilgated to say a word until you are ready the general rule of thumb is at three months or the end of the first tri-mester.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• rkoloms has it right on
    Anonymous

• I found out THE WEEK I started working. They can't fire you for being pregnant I told my boss that week. I knew that I was going to be going to Dr.'s appointments and I was so excited I wouldn't be able to hold it in long anyway. Whatever you feel like doing is best but they can't do a thing about it either way! Congrats!!!
    Shannon_leigh82

Answer by Shannon_leigh82 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I made the mistake of not telling my boss right away and let me tell you she was pissed when a coworker (that I hadnt said anything to about it) told her instead of me.
    Anonymous

• I did last year. I got pregnant 10/13 and got the job 10/22. I am still here. I just waited and told people in like Jan or Feb when I started showing. Orlando is my 4th child. I was a temp and they hired me on after I came back from maternity leave. I guess it depends on the job. I would at least wait until your in the second trimester or are starting to show before saying anything. Even the director couldn't say anything to me until I told her, and that was in either April or May and it was really obvious. I work in a smalled office and everyone knew but they couldn't ask. GL and congrats.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• The day that I got hired on with the State of Tn I found out I was pregnant (that night). I did not say a word until the day of my ultra sound. Working for and with women helped I think. They were very nice and even threw me a baby shower. I was relieved that they did not regret hiring me.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• That happened to me! I got my very first teaching job right out of college and we, uh, celebrated. I came up pregnant before the school year started. I decided to just take the job anyway and see how it went. I told my boss/principal when I got to my 2nd trimester. It was a really rough year though. oy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2009