normal exhaustion pregnant and toddler

my toddler is 15 months old and hasnt slept thru the night in 6 monthz i am 25 weeks pregnnt she wakes up 3-4 times a night if not more each night!!!!! im zo afraid shell stop breathing if she sleeps in her own room!! she dont hav any medical problems!! she just wont sleep!!! im exhausted and i feel like a bad mom and wife bc im exhausted and i dnt feel like doinb anything!! wen she wakes up at night she drinks a bottle she takes 1!2 naps A day

bbd75939

Asked by bbd75939 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Slowly cut out her naps. I know that's not a perfect solution because I'm sure you enjoy her nap times...But I found out that if my toddler sleeps less during the day, she sleeps more during the night. So just start making her naps shorter, then cut one out all together. Also, dont let her take late naps. If my DD naps after 4, she wont sleep at night. Hope that helped!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i would start to try to keep her up during the day an putting her down to bed by 8oclock an put her in her own room she needs to learn to self sooth you cant be up all night with her i did this with my 2 an my 2 year old has been in his own been since ur daughters age u just get show her your the boss not her an keep it strict!! if not its only going to get worse for you
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• She's 15 months and still on the bottle?? Well I'd suggest taking away the afternoon naps so she'll be more tierd come nighttime. you aren't a bad mom and she won't just stop breathin if u put her in her own room. Get a monitor, and set up a bedtime schedual. She'll be resistant at first but you'll have to stick to it so you can get some sleep. My son had kinda the same problem. he refused to go to bed, his pedi and a few other moms suggested I get a monitor and shut the door and go to bed. If he plays all night he plays all night, but atleast i can hear him and know what hes doing but not have to get up all threw the night. Now he sleeps perfectly.

Get her off the bottle..is she eating solid foods yet? maybe she just isn't full enough before bedtime.. good luck tho
    Anonymous

• She shouldn't need a bottle in the middle of the night and honestly she shouldn't need a bottle at any time at her age. I would work on that first. You've got her in a habit of being able to eat in the middle of the night so she's continuing to do so. And I agree with the idea of cutting out some naps. Also, if she has no medical problems she should be safe to sleep in her own room without you worrying about her breathing because she is 15ths old. If it makes you feel better you could get a monitor but you really shouldn't worry too much about that. And you shouldn't feel bad about not being able to do as much as you could before you were pregnant. I am pregnant with my second and I feel like I can hardly do anything without feeling exhausted and worn out. Even taking a shower makes me feel terrible and I have to take a break for a while before doing something else. My first pregnancy I worked 3 jobs and walked back and forth
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different and sometimes you just can't do as much as you'd like; just remember if you could you would and your family should be understanding of that. I hope you start feeling better.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2009