how many of you caucasion women are married to a hispanic guy and how does he treat you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not married to a Hispanic man, but I do not think you can find out how someone is going to treat you just because other people who is the same race as them did one thing one way or another. I would hate to be compared to ALL Caucasian women.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• my caucasian mom is treated only soso by my hispanic dad........ well he takes care of her financially but can be a bit mean
    Anonymous

• um... caucasian is a race hispanic is an ethnicity. You can be a caucasian hispanic.
    Now if you mean an american married to a hispanic? Well I am hispanic but don't gen. date hispanic men b/c I find them to be a little machista.
    However, recently had this conversation with a friend she said she loves her hub. who is also latin b/c he's strong and gentle but could never see herself dating a recent immigrant. Her hubby was raised here in the States.
    It also has alot to do with WHERE they are from: There are over 20 diff countries that can be considered "Hispanic/Latin" or and in latin you've also got italians (also with a rep. for being machista)
    Anonymous

• My husband is hispanic, Panamanian to be exact and he treats me very well. He can be a bit lazy at times, so I usually have to light a fire under his butt, but he is very kind, thoughtful, respectful and I trust him completely.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• im mexican and german.. my husband is puerto rican... i love him because he loves to love me but hes a man. i dont mean a jerk or macho i mean hard working wants respect type. i feel its how a man is raised not what they are.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 1:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My niece has a child with a man from Mexico. IMO he is a JERK! He does not help much financially, refuses to engage in any type of "American" society, will not attend our family functions, doesn't want to associate with any of her American friends, takes very little interest in their son, works late night hours so unless she and their child stay up until midnight or later they never see him, has been in the USA for over ten years and still refuses to learn/speak English, etc.

I'm totally not impressed.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think this is a very politically INCORRECT question.

My mom & ALL her family is South American. Some men are jerks, some are not. Just like here in America. There are AS MANY machismo men here as there are in any other country. We have all known an American man that is a jerk.

It just seems as if you're implying something specific about Hispanic men & without knowing the whole context, it seems prejudice.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My husband was born and raised in Mexico and he is the sweetest man in the world. I don't think that people should be stereotyped just because of race, but I know it happens. A lot of people ask me if he is mean or controlling or abusive b/c of his race and I find it a little amusing. BTW I was married to a caucasian out of college and he used to put me in the hospital, cheat on me, rape me and a million other things that were not right.
    Anonymous

• My Ex BIL is a mexican. He gave my sister a gorgeous little mixed girl and I love her. But he is a bit of a weirdo. He has a mental disorder. He is nice to my sister in public but the second they are alone he calls her names and is mean to her.

I don't think it has anything to do with ethnicity though. I think she just picks losers. He other (white) husband was a loser too.
    Anonymous

• i am, lol full blown caucasian and my hubby is mexican, um imnot gonna lie its hard his family believes that a latina is a better suit for him and no matter what i will never be good enough, my hubby is used to latinas who cook and clean and do whatever they are told, lol let me tell you that is not me but i think he kinda likes it, also in his family its one thing for him to cheat but its totally wrong if i cheat according to them, not that i ever would.. when i was younger i never saw why alot of white people made such a big deal over interracial couples but now i see its about the culture difference, but im happy and we learn thats how it works :)
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2009