37 weeks and swollen feet...help!

I'm 37 weeks pregnant with my second baby, and I have a toddler [21 months] to keep up with. for the past week my feet have been really swollen, their almost twice their original size, it's really uncomfortable.
I've tried soaking my feet in warm water, peppermint and other foot soaks, my hubby has been rubbing my feet at night [he's so awesome hehe], I've been keeping my feet elevated as much as possible [but that's hard when my DD is awake] etc.

what else can I do? anyone have any other idea's that I can try? help me mama's!

:)

Allikats-momma

Asked by Allikats-momma at 1:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd call my doctor and ask. He/she needs to know there is swelling that won't go down.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Def. Call the Dr.!!! Check your blood pressure, elevate your feet higher than your chest, stay off your feet - impossible I know witha toddler! I had this same problem and the Dr. made me buy those compression knee high elastic thingys that cover your foot, ankles and calves ...Pretty.
    Take care of yourself!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I have my weekly dr appt tomorrow, I was going to talk to her about it. last week they took my blood pressure and all was fine,
    I haven't had any complications during this pregnancy, thankfully.
    just uncomfortable stuff so far
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 2:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i am in the same boat you are and had my appt yesterday. the doc says as long as blood pressure is fine then it's just a normal part of pregnancy. helpful I know. but all she told me that can be done is elevating my feet when possible, drink loads of water, and don't overdo the salt. i have also found that wearing slippers in the house helps me because I have all hard floors and having that little bit of cushion makes it more comfy and my feet don't swell as badly.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2009