IM GETTING MARRIED IN TWO WEEKS.....

WERE JUST GOING TO THE JUSTICE OF THE PEACE THEN HAVING A LITTLE PARTY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY AFTER . WHAT ARE SOME GOOD IDEAS TO MAKE IT SPECIAL ? I ALSO WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU DID FOR YOUR WEDDING?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we had a cheap wedding at my parents house..had about 40 guests..not much to it but we were satisfied an we been married 20 yrs almost 21 yrs..hope u have a good life together...
    sharonslove

Answer by sharonslove at 3:22 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• For us, it was about being married; how we got there didn't matter.

Have a wonderful life together!!

Answer by rkoloms at 2:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Congratulations! Making it special is basically including things significant to you and your fiance. At my wedding instead of having a normal guest book (I don't know if you will have one at the reception or not), we did a scrapbook with pictures of us throughout our dating years and had people sign their names or write little messages to us in it. We also did a nontraditional cake topper...a figurine that we thought was fun and reminded us of ourselves. For the children (being as there would be several at our reception), we did a candy toss. We tossed Ring Pops and other various candies, and they had a blast collecting them into their cellophane bags we supplied. You could do a money dance as well. The possibilities are endless.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 2:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• We got married in the courthouse, then went out to dinner and a movie. That one was just us. Then a month later we had an intimate (40-person) outdoor ceremony and reception at a niceish restaurant with family and friends. Best of luck!
    austin_amazon

Answer by austin_amazon at 2:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Congrats. Our 10th anniversary is coming up on January 7. We wanted to do the JoP but our town didn't have one so we had to have a preacher (we aren't religious but he kept it toned down for us, thankfully). We got married in my in-laws' living room then went to my sil's house for a "reception". We didn't do anything special. My sisters in law got a 2 layer cake from a local grocery store and they put up some decorations. It was just us, our parents, his sisters and their kids and my friend and her kids. We saved our money so we could go to Disney World for our honeymoon. It was still special to us.
    Can't believe it's been 10 years.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2009