Is my daughter the only 13 month old that DOESN'T walk?!?!

LOL. I know she will walk when she is ready. But so far nothing, I have bought her a lot of those push toys where she stands up and pushes them. You would think that she does stand up, nope she takes the easy route and just pushes and crawls lmao. Does anyone know anything I can do to encourage her to try and walk?

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 2:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nope my son is 13 months 4 weeks and refuses to walk as well! I think they are in cahoots together. He has push toys and I'll hold one of his hands to try to get him to walk, but nope. He knows its faster if he crawls.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• No, my daughter didn't consistently walk until 14 months. I would just wait until she is ready. Trust me, once they start walking . . . . . . they get into EVERYTHING!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My dd was about to turn 15months when she started walking.
    HannahEsmommy

Answer by HannahEsmommy at 2:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• There is nothing you can do. She'll do it when she's ready. Don't worry!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My was 13 months when she started. She moved to the toddler class at day care and was walking by the end of the week. Sometimes, they just need to see other kids doing it to want to try as well.
    Anonymous

• My first LO didnt walt til 15 months, my second walked at 9 months. You just never know...
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 4:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My nephew is 15 months and would still rather crawl. He'll walk a few steps then is like "Eh I think I'll crawl." My kids also went a couple months before they started to walk exclusively.
    Anonymous

• My son just turned 17tmths and started walking by himself maybe 3 weeks ago. They all do it at their own pace. Just give her plenty of floor time. She'll go when she's ready.
    table4eight

Answer by table4eight at 4:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My 1st and 3rd children are in other respects forward developmentally, but didn't walk 'til nearly 15 months. My middle son has autistic and developmental issues and didn't walk 'til after he was two. He's 4 now and can run and climb like the best of 'em.

Health profesionals won't look into non-walking as a problem until 18 months, and even then there's no real reason for concern if it's only a concern in isolation. I have a friend who is now in her forties who didn't walk until she was 22 months and nobody ever knew why.

13 months is definitely not a cause for concern.
    khoshhal

Answer by khoshhal at 4:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2009