When to stary potty training?

I know I'm probably getting ahead of myslef since my daughter is only 13 months. But I was wondering when is a good age to start? When did you start?

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 2:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is almost 15 month and we started about two wks ago...the first time i put her on the potty she went rite away...i have found tht unlike most kids she wants to b on the big poty not the lil one...also she makes a huige fuss if her diaper is the least bit wet
    rellcinko

Answer by rellcinko at 4:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My daughter is 2 years old. I started about 6 months ago. Start off by having her sit on the potty before she gets a bath. While the water is running would be the best time. And when she does go, make a huge deal about it. Say "yay, you peed on the potty" or "yay, you did it" while pointing the the potty. I let my daughter sit on it once in a while during the day while I sat next to her. and If she didnt go after a little while or got tired of sitting Id just put a diaper back on her. Also let her in the bathroom with you. Tell her "I have to pee" or "I have to potty". Thats how my dauter understood what it was for. I let her in with me and I had her potty next to the toilet so when I had to go I'd take her diaper off and let her sit on her potty.
    Anonymous

• theres no magic age it depends on your child she will let you know
    kcook55

Answer by kcook55 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My daughter is also 13 months and we do the same thing as the firt poster said. She has a couple of books next to the potty that she looks at while she sits there. Since she has been having turns on the potty, i've noticed that when she needs to go, she stops what she is doing and squats down. Then I work fast to get her to the potty, most times we get there a little late but everynow and then we make it just in time and do a cheer and potty dance and she gets to pick out a sticker to put on her elmo potty poster and one for herself.
    MsEmsMom110

Answer by MsEmsMom110 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• We started my first at 20 months and she was done at 24. We started my second at 13 months. She is 15 months now and poops on the potty pretty consistently. She pees once or twice a day. At this age, we just make it fun. Since she has a role model (older one is 2.5) it makes it much easier. I expect her to be done by 2 as well.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2009