When is a baby considered a toddler?

So this may be a silly question but I was just wondering when a baby is really considered a toddler? On here it shows toddlers in the age group of 1-2. My son is going to be 14 months on Jan 7. Is that considered a toddler? I ask because I see things at the store, like food or toothbrushes for example, that is specifically for toddlers. Is he a toddler? Or is it more around age 2-3?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I guess he would be considered a brand new toddler! My daughter is almost 18 months and a toddler, but of course she is still my little baby!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• When they start toddling, of course

Answer by rkoloms at 2:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Even if the products say "for toddlers" they should still have an approx. age one the box somewhere.

My son started getting "toddler" things around that age. Try stuff out and see if it works. My son never liked the toddler rice cereal and still(at 3 years old) likes the infant stuff mixed with yogurt.

Each kid is different. Try and see. Don't think you "have" to feed him certain things because they say it's for a certain age group. :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2009