Do you feel guilty coming home after a night out with a babysitter watching the kids?

I do. We go to a nice dinner and split a bottle of wine and even though we aren't smashed, I always feel awkward around the sitter. Some of my friends say to let it go because I'm paying them to do a job and they want to do it and I'm the adult. Still, I feel like a teen getting caught. Why!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• My husband did when my oldest was little and we'd go out on rare occasions. However, I never have felt guilty about leaving them because I realize that for us its just as important that we(as in my husband and myself)have time to ourselves where we can talk without interruptions or spills,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Nope, not a bit. I'm paying them to watch my kids, why would I feel guilty? My kids love their sitter, their sitter loves my kids and the money, and my dh and I get to spend a little alone time.

Answer by missanc at 3:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• No because I usually have family sit for us. I'm paying them and they usually spend the night. It's usually my nieces who sit. Now if it was my mom sitting, I might feel a little guilty if I've been drinking but that comes from her being my mom! Even though I am of age, I'm still thinking, I can't go home buzzed! I'm going to get in trouble with my mom!
    Anonymous

• No never, im not like other moms who feel bad when i leave my kids with a friend. We did it on december 5th on a sat all day to go holiday shopping, we went out to dinner and had a good time. Looking forward to doing it again.
    Anonymous

• My DH and I haven't used a sitter for our son in over 3 years! We don't go out for 2 reasons~ 1. we can't afford it, and 2. for some unknown reason, people seem afraid of the fact that our son is living with autism. Everyone says, "what a wonderful boy" or "he's so sweet", but then when the subject of asking them to babysit comes up, they do a 180. It's their loss!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2009