Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Section 8 voucher question?

I have had a section 8 voucher for three years. I have always rented from a family friend but need to move as I need more space. My voucher is for $1300. The landlord I just spoke with has a rental for that amount, however he said that he also has an assessment of $1000 per month to cover upkeep of the house. Has anyone ever heard of that?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • Are you sure it is not $100 a month?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

  • Nope, never heard of it. I'd stick with someone who is familiar with Section 8 rules. Try some realtors or ask Section 8 for some landlords they deal with a lot.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

  • I'm sure he said $1000 because I asked him to my monthly expense would be $2300 minus 60 percent of my income (which Section 8 will pay). I got his name from the section 8 website. I'm so confused.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

  • no iam a landloard u need to call section 8 before u do anything sounds like he is just trying to get more money from u
    domt do it unless they say u should or look for another place

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.